Friday, September 18, 2009

Craving...

PULLMAN
As those of us that went to WSU can probably tell you, there is something so incredibly special about Pullman that I honestly cannot explain to those who didn't spend 4 (or maybe 5) years there themselves. I still get "the feeling" everytime I turn off the highway and start the decent down into town and see the WSU flags lined on the right hand side of the street.
About a week before I go every fall I like to make my checklist. It mostly involves where I am going to eat (Sellas & Cougar Country this trip), but this time I have been thinking about what else I want to do while I am there...
I want to tailgate. I want to hear the fightsong in Martin Stadium. I want to walk up the hill and see what's different & what's the same. I want to have a beer in Coug & look and see if I recognize any of the names on the wall. I want to feel the crisp air of the morning and know that the afternoon will be warm & sunny. I want to see the leaves just beginning to change on Linden Street. I want to laugh at shackers.
I am heading over to meet my family later this afternoon in Pullman for the weekend. We are ultimately going to the the game...but in all honesty, I was just really missing Pullman & felt that I needed a visit. I love you my cute little college town, see you soon!

5 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Here Here. I couldn't agree more. Pullman holds such a special place in my heart. I find myself "craving" those fall Friday afternoons before the excitement of the weekend began.
Please tell Pullman I said hi!
Have Fun!

Blyth Family Blog said...

ah, I have the chills, and a little teary eyed as well:) Love that place...I can't believe we've all been out of college for so so long. You just made me miss it all over again!

Erin said...

Ahhhhhhh - it makes me smile with how much we all love Pullman for most of the same reasons. I'm jealous you're headed over othere this weekend, but sad that you're missing the fun we're going to have in Seattle this weekend :) I need a trip back to Pullman...very soon.

Lindsay said...

JEALOUS! I have not been back since Homecoming 2002 after graduating!

Courtney said...

I always love this picture!

What a great post...your description is dead on. Pullman is a magical, special place...especially during the fall!