Thursday, January 6, 2011

NYE

For New Years this year, Brad and I headed to Whidbey Island to celebrate with our good friends The Kochers and The Juhls. Kim's dad's house was the perfect place to ring in the new year. A fantastic view of the sound, Mount Rainier and even downtown Seattle! We had such a relaxing weekend filled with baby snuggling, great wine, lots of amazing food, sunny & cold walks, many laughs, movies, and a heated match of 90s Trivial Pursuit.

Btw, we are officially 30. NYE the first year I was dating Brad was spent at a house in Eastlake resembling a fraternity, entirely WAY too much booze, a sketchy hotel room, followed by a very hungover kick off to 2007 :( This year I woke up feeling great in a beautiful home at 8am, surrounded by babies, dogs, toys and my best friends. I must say, I'll take 30 :)




Rothie's sweet little twins Emma & Avery

My little cupcake, Charlotte

Court & I

Brad and I

Trivial Pursuit

A pretty walk on New Years Day



Two of my favorite Mamas

On the ferry after a fab weekend.
Cheers to 2011! We're heading to Zihuatanejo in the morning so I think it should start off quite nicely!

6 comments:

Matt and Teresa said...

Sounds like my kind of night! Happy New Year friend!

Stacie said...

What a great cabin! I WANT/NEED that fireplace! It's my dream!!! Fun NYE you guys had!! I love that we're "old" and find staying in with good friends much more fun these days :)

Mike and Kim said...

Glad you took some pictures! I just realized I didn't take a single one!!!

Lyndsy said...

Happy New Year! What an exciting year ahead for you and BZ! Mexico and then a wedding! Oh boy! Can't wait friend!! CHEERS!

Courtney said...

It was New Years perfection! XOXO

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

Such gorgeous pics!! I can't wait to hear about Mexico - Happy New Year!