Friday, January 30, 2009

The City

Is anyone else watching The City??? It's kind of an absurd show, and I hadn't been watching recently due to the other 15 shows I watch these days (sad), but for lack of things to do last night I caught myself up on the last few episodes.

For those watching, just a few notes from Monday's episode:

Is Olivia serious? Like, is she an actual person and not an actress? I didn't know people were even like that in real life!? Her conversations with her cousin Nevan, the most worthless person ever, kill me. Nevan: "I've got to find a 9-5, or else my dad won't pay my rent anymore." Cue Olivia to ask him what he will do. "As long as it doesn't involve me boozing six nights a week at some watering hole in the east village, he's happy." Awesome, nice work Dad. He then goes over to her apartment and says he will stay on her couch until he can find a new place to live. She tells him "No girls over and no one wearing my clothes." Do girls just take other girls clothes and wear them? Weird.

Next comes Whitney's conversation with Olivia at "work" aka a fake office setting to look like they work at DVF. Whitney invites her to an opening of an art gallery & then just casually wants to fill her in on some dramz that might happen at the party, so she is aware if something happens. The back story is someone named "Cat" kissed Whitney's bf Jay's roommate Adam, who is dating/living with this girl Allie. Olivia looks disgusted and like she wants to kill Whitney for trying to tell her this, then follows with the usual eye roll. She then, in the bitchiest voice ever says "I don't want to get involved, and you shouldn't either. This is SO high school Whitney, you're 23 now right? You shouldn't have to talk about things like this, I don't even want to know." Whitney looks at her like 'Ok, beyotch I was just telling you so you knew when the staged confrontation happens later'. Whitney seriously looked like she wanted to kick Olivia in the face after that, I loved it! I die watching Olivia's facial expressions and reactions to things. She might be the most absurd person ever, it's so great! She's probably my favorite character right now.

After the whole scripted confrontation between "Cat" and Allie at the art gallery party, Allie cries and freaks out on her boyfriend Adam outside, who is a REALLY good liar & reassures her that nothing happened. He obviously cheated on her, but he was actually quite impressive hiding it. He stays very calm and throws in a lot of "babes" "I'm sorrys" and "I love yous". He sort of looks like Josh Harnett. She of course believed him and not homewrecker "Cat" who was being totally honest with her. I like putting "Cat" in quotes, it's such a funny name. Pretty sure if my name was Cattarina I would not shorten to "Cat".


Lastly, what was on her head when they went to breakfast?

4 comments:

Kris said...

LOL! Love this recap! Especially the pic of Whitney with that weird headband (?) on her head. She looks like a 5 year old Ski-Bunny.

Erin said...

LOL!! I have only watched one episode of the City and have not watched again because the acting just wasn't doing it for me :) But I LOVE this recap - please continue...

Lindsay said...

Ha! Nicely done. Oliva is so pretty, but she has the worst personality! I too, wondered what Whitney was wearing.

Leah said...

Crap, this was the one episode I happened to watch with a killer hangover, and I seriously wondered what planet these people were from. Please recap for me so I don't have to endure the acting myself. I love your interpretation MUCH better.