Monday, December 6, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hello! It has kind of been a busy couple of weeks around here! Aside from basking in our newfound engagement (which has been quite awesome, I must say) we have been all over the place celebrating! I have had more wine in the past two weeks than I had probably had the entire year before, oops.

First up, Thanksgiving following Snowmagedden 2010. We welcomed the chance to get out of the house after a couple of housebound days to celebrate Thanksgiving with my Mom, brother Kevin, his girlfriend Kate and her family.

Then on Saturday we headed over to the family compound, Anderson Island where another Aunt & Uncle have purchased a beach house. It's quite fun now that my Mom's brother and sister have houses next door to eachother. And it's only about an hour away, which is really nice to have a little escape so close by. I got to do a lot of snuggling with my cousin Elliot's* kids, Finley & Reed.
*sidenote: Elliot may be on Oprah today...she skyped with his Tacoma bookclub for today's episode and he isn't sure if they will make it on the show or not, but if you watch Oprah he may be on today!

So last year we were super cute and got our tree at this adorable tree farm and had such a festive experience! A perfect cold sunny day, drinking cider and picking out our tree... This year...not so much :( The weekends are jam packed lately and we couldn't find one where we could go cut down our tree (hard when daylight is over at 4pm, gross) so we had to settle for a tree lot down the street in Kirkland and a guy who put our tree in a garbage bag to get it home because it was sopping wet from the rain. Sad. I pretended our tree was not in a bodybag for 10 minutes and set up little DeForest and I must say he turned out quite handsome!

I hung our stockings on the mantle...this is our first Christmas living together in the condo, so I felt like we needed matching stockings. These are kind of temporary though, because once we have kids I want to get cute embroidered ones with names like I had growing up. For now, Target stockings will have to do :)

Apple Cup time! This year we had 10 friends over to watch the big game on Saturday afternoon...sadly our Cougs could not pull it off, therefore sending the hating it Huskies to a bowl game. Gross. Regardless we had a great time and as much as I was worried about having a gathering in our condo (which you can see is not large) it actually worked out quite well!

Adorable Amelia in her Coug sweatsuit and knitted apple cap. This kid is seriously cute!


Brad gets so nervous watching the Cougs that he kept getting up from his chair and "taking a knee" on big plays! It was seriously cracking me up! I love his love for the Cougs :)

8 comments:

jamieofalltrades said...

Was Brad referee-ing the game too?

Michelle said...

Ha! Unfortunately no, but we did talk a lot of about Apple Cup 2008 when he threw the napkins as flags!

Erin said...

Ha! Brad could FULLY be a college football ref - he's definitely my fave person to watch a game with. He knows the answers to all of my questions :)
Your house looks so good all decorated...I think it's about time I see it in person :)

Blyth Family Blog said...

What a beautiful job you did! AND...CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such exciting news! I'm so happy for you guys!!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

I love Brad's "one knee." Seriously hilarious and Bravo and a wonderfully decorated home little lady! Love it!!

Lyndsy said...

Your place looks so cute! What a pretty tree! Brad is so funny - love his intensity!

Koning said...

The picture of Amelia turned out great. I am thinking of hijacking it for our Xmas card. Cool? Thanks for having is over. Next year we'll celebrate a W.

Tara Holmes said...

Your house looks SO cute!!! Miss you!