In college, saying you were at Detox meant you drank too much at a party & almost died in an alcohol induced coma. Now at the ripe old age of 27, saying you are in detox, probably just means you care about keeping your body healthy and want to cleanse it. I, along with two detoxing friends, have started a cleanse this week. Last weekend entailed drinks & a large dinner on Friday night, BBQ'ed burgers & a keg on Saturday night...it was just time to take a deep breath and really focus on being healthy for a week (because I don't know how much longer I could be healthy) :) We are eating natural, organic foods. No meat, no dairy or any animal products. No caffeine, no alcohol. So pretty much the opposite of my normal diet... Yesterday I ate lots of fruit, nuts & brown rice cakes. YUM...
Day One is over, and I am proud to report--it was successful!
Current mood: Hungry, yet happy & optimistic.
Cravings for non-vegan food: Minimal
I will update daily...
Day One is over, and I am proud to report--it was successful!
Current mood: Hungry, yet happy & optimistic.
Cravings for non-vegan food: Minimal
I will update daily...
5 comments:
I have been wanting to do a detox too. Perhaps I will start next week. Oh hmmm, I am going to Palm Springs next weekend, which will entail booze and snacks. Maybe Sunday thru Thursday? :)
I say do whatever you can, two days, five days...anything is better than nothing! :) My body DEFINITELY needed it!
Please list your menu of things you have... I am going to do that same detox after school get's out on Thursday. My body needs it!! What are you going to do on Papa Johns Fridays???
You are funny. . I love the "pretty much the opposite of my usual diet" - great. Good luck!
"Cheat cheat never beat!" That's all I keep thinking about myself. Failure.
:) kidding, one bit of caffeine isn't that bad.
Post a Comment