Friday, July 11, 2008

"It smells like Tahiti out here..."

That is what I said last night when I parked my car & was heading into my apartment. Of course looking around, I would quickly realize that I was not in Tahiti. But for a brief moment, if I just closed my eyes & smelled the flowers blooming along the fence, I felt like I was...



When Courtney and I were in Tahiti, there was an incredible flower, similar to a gardenia smell (it is called the Tahitian Tiare I think) that was everywhere. Everywhere you went around the islands, that smell would follow you. It is the most wonderful, intoxicating, tropical scent I have ever smelled. I also may have smelled it all the time because we wore the flowers behind our ears for an entire week straight...we just couldn't get enough! Although this flower at my apartment is most likely not the Tahitian Tiare, it sure does smell like it! ;)


Courtney & I LOVED the Tiare, it was common to find us doing this at any given time...

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Yum! Rich and I will be in Tahiti for our honeymoon. I'll be sure to sniff lots of it for you

Kris said...

YES! It totally does! Well, I don't know what Tahiti smells like, but I know our parking lots smells GOOD!!!!

Courtney said...

Man, those things were amazing. Let's go back!!! :)