Thursday, December 25, 2008

"If we find your bag, we'll let you know."

This is what I was told by the baggage claim department at Seatac. My bag was magically the only one that didn't make it to Walla Walla. Probably because Cindy, the most unhelpful woman ever at Alaska Airlines, sent it somewhere else when she was redirecting me all over the state.
Needless to say, I was going to spend the next 52 hours in my same clothes, as nothing was open in Walla Walla on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. At least I was in something comfy!

The luggage cart broke down and they just had us come outside in the 6 degree weather and find our own bags on the runway. Except my bag wasn't on it :( Only in Walla Walla...

UPDATE: Bag finally came...2 days later. I almost kissed the WW airport worker when he called me and waited to close the airport until I could get there to pick it up. But that would have been inappropriate, fleeting thought. When my brother checked in at the airport today to fly to Seattle, the lady at the counter was like "Gwinn? Oh man, you just got your bag huh?" and I was standing with him and said "Oh no, that was me..." and she was like "That took a lot of work to get that bag here!!!". I am very grateful to the Horizon Air employees at the WW airport, they are very nice and helpful :)

No comments: