Thursday, December 11, 2008

Recipe Swap 2008

My friend Shelby has come up with an excellent idea: Recipe Swap 2008! Everyone is to post their favorite holiday recipe on their blog, and in turn we all will have lots of yummy stuff to make this Christmas. My recipe is very simple and is always a favorite around the holidays! My family loves Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars...I cannot remember a family gathering without them! :) Here is the recipe:


Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:

1 cup butter (two sticks) melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (two packages)
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 12 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs. I use a food processor, if you do not have one you can use a rolling pin. Next, in a medium bowl stir together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended (I use my hands to mix). Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.

On the stove (or in the microwave on medium heat) melt the chocolate chips for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth & completely melted. Spread over the mixture in the pan. Let stand for at least an hour for chocolate to firm up before serving.


*recipe from my mother!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

OH WOW! Those look TDF! Thanks Michelle!

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

Yum Michelle! I am stealing your recipe...hope you don't mind ;) Merry Christmas--see you soon!

Ashley M said...

Holy cow those look amazing! I can't wait to try them...Good idea Meeechelle!

Lyndsy said...

I am totally making these! They look soo good!